Severe weather can encompass flood, heavy rains, tornadoes, thunderstorms and lightning, tsunamis, and wildfires. March is the official start of Severe Weather Preparedness Month – to help you prepare, we put together resources and tips:
- Be prepared for severe weather that frequents your area in advance.
- Have a communications plan in place.
- Have an emergency supplies kit ready for places you frequent the most (home, work, car).
- Review your insurance policy to ensure proper coverages are in place.
- Heed warnings from local officials.
- Understand your responsibilities as a policyholder post-disaster.
- To join in the conversation online, use or look up hashtags
For additional reading: