...are eligible to receive federal assistance for responding to and recovering frommajor disasters or emergencies declared by the president. This supplemental assistance allows for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the repair, replacement or restoration of disaster damages at eligible facilities.
In addition, for those eligible damaged facilities, FEMA encourages and will fund certain mitigation measures to ensure that such damages are not repeated in a future event.
Funding for FEMA’s PA Programwill be 75 percent at a minimum, with the remaining cost share to be borne by the sub-recipient. (Source: FEMA)
Fire Management Assistance is available to states, and local and tribal governments, for the mitigation, management and control of fires on publicly or privately owned forests or grasslands that have the potential to create a major disaster. The Fire Management Assistance declaration process is initiated when a state submits a request for assistance to the FEMA Regional Director at the time a “threat of major disaster”exists. The entire process is accomplished on an expedited basis and a FEMA decision is rendered in a matter of hours.
The Fire Management Assistance Grant Program (FMAGP) provides a 75 percent federal cost share, with the state paying the remaining 25 percent for actual costs. Before a grant can be awarded, a state must demonstrate that total eligible costs for the declared fire meet or exceed either the individual fire cost threshold, which is applied to single fires, or the cumulative fire cost threshold, which recognizes numerous...