Hurricane Florence recently struck the East Coast as a Category 2 hurricane causing much devastation across multiple states. As such home and business owners will be working tirelessly to prepare their properties and families for mandatory evacuations. We put together resources to help those in need with their preparedness and recovery efforts and to also aid in beginning the insurance claims process.
Assistance - General
- Affected Area - Latest storm location, Waze road closures, and more
- Evacuation Resources & Shelters
- FEMA.gov - up to date resources and apply for aid online
- Google Crisis Map
- National Weather Service (NWS) - weather alerts
- Red Cross
- Pet Friendly Evacuation Shelters
Assistance - North Carolina
- Hurricane Information - North Carolina Department of Public Safety
- Shelter information for Eastern N.C.
Assistance - South Carolina
- Hurricane Information - South Carolina Emergency Management Division
- Shelter information for South Carolina
Assistance - Georgia
- Hurricane Information - Georgia Emergency Management
Assistance - Virginia
- Hurricane Information - Virginia Department of Emergency Management
- "12 Ways to Reduce Water Damage"
- "Don't Fall Victim! Look out for This Consumer Scam Post-Disaster"
- “Getting Back on Your Feet After a Hurricane”
- “How to File a Homeowner’s Property Damage Insurance Claim”
- “How to File a FEMA Claim”
- “Questions to Ask Your Insurer After a Disaster”
- "Suffered damage to your home? Tips to help inventory your possessions"
- "What to Expect Following a Disaster: Costs, Clean-Up & Coverages"
For help with your hurricane claim:
For assistance with your Hurricane Florence property damage claim, contact our local public adjusters by visiting the Office Locations page.