Judy Wolf oversees external and internal communications for the Rising Phoenix Holdings Corporation (RPHC) family of companies, including Tidal Basin, Tidal Basin Caribe, and Adjusters International Ltd. Her role includes supporting RPHC’s active marketing and branding efforts and creating a cohesive internal communications strategy to support future growth.
As a strategic thinker with a strong background in marketing, advertising, and internal communications, Ms. Wolf has applied her talents in a range of industries from multinational package delivery and supply chain management to advertising and nonprofits.
Ms. Wolf was a key member of Tidal Basin’s business development team for 10 years, including serving as Director of Business Development and heading up our proposal writing efforts – assisting with wins like the states of New York, Alaska, and Hawaii as part of that portfolio. She holds a Masters in Management, with a concentration in Emergency Management and Business Continuity; served multiple times in the field on disaster recovery projects including the Iowa floods, Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, and Hurricane Sandy; and headed up a team that updated the New York State 2014 Hazard Mitigation Plan in just four short months.
Most recently, she served as part of the Small Business Administration’s entrepreneurial assistance team in the position of Government Contracting Coordinator for the NYS Small Business Development Center (SBDC) network, orchestrating the procurement advisors located in 23 SBDC centers across the state. This team guided small businesses to navigate and succeed in the world of government contracting.
Ms. Wolf is also a Professional Certified Coach and has worked with C-suite executives, business owners, executive directors, and young high-potential employees to become more self-aware and effective.
She is the author of articles such as the Disaster Recovery Today issue Buildings and Equipment: Mastering One of the Most Complex Categories of Work and the Association of Proposal Management Professionals’ Winning the Business article on The Power of Words: Using language to increase your Conversational Intelligence.
Judy Wolf has served in business development and project management roles on various initiatives. Direct field experience includes the following:
- NYS DHSES Finance Team Business Process Analysis – September to December 2013
- NYS Hazard Mitigation Plan Update – August to December 2013
- NY-4085-NY Hurricane Sandy
- New York State Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Services – April to July 2013
- Port Authority of New York & New Jersey – January to March 2013
- New York State Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Services – November 2012 to January 2013
- April 2010 Deepwater Horizon BP Oil Spill
- June 2008 Midwest Floods
- International Coach Federation, Member and Professional Certified Coach Certification Holder
- Main Street First, President
- Little Falls NFP (Not-for-Profit) Coalition, Chair and Member
- Empowered Pathways, Volunteer Mediator
- Mohawk Valley Business Women’s Network
- NYS Women, Inc
- Leadership Mohawk Valley, 2019 Graduate
- EthicalCoach, Growth & Sustainability Committee Member and Communications Committee Member
- Cornell Cooperative Extensive Board of Directors, Past Vice President and Member, Chair of Marketing Committee, Executive Search Committee, Nominating Committee
- Resource Center for Independent Living, Former Planning and Development Committee Employee Representative
- Public-Private Partnership Committee of the International Association of Emergency Managers, Past Member
- Public-Private Partnership Committee of Texas Association of Emergency Managers, Past Member
- Annual Conference Planning Committee for National Association of Counties, Past Member
- Kirkland Town Library Board of Trustees, Past Vice President, Fund Development Committee Member
- Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Former Volunteer
- Professional Certified Coach (International Coach Federation)
- Certified Professional Coach (iPEC)
- Certified Business Advisor (SBA’s Small Business Development Center Network)
- APMP – Foundation (Association of Proposal Management Professionals)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) qualified instructor (Center for Mindfulness, UMass Medical School)
- Kripalu Yoga Instructor
In addition to numerous trainings in the areas of proposal and grant writing, coaching, mindfulness, and talent development, Ms. Wolf has continuously updated her disaster recovery knowledge through FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute’s online classes. Wolf has completed EMI classes that include the sampling of courses listed below. In addition, Ms. Wolf, like many of our consultants, regularly augments her knowledge with other technical training.
- IS-00001 Emergency Manager: An Orientation to the Position
- IS-00100.b Introduction to Incident Command System
- IS 00200.b ICS for Single Resources & Initial Action Incident
- IS 00230.b Fundamentals of EM
- IS 00288 Role of Voluntary Agencies in EM
- IS 00403 Intro to IA
- IS 00630 Intro to PA
- IS 00631 PA Ops I
- IS 00632 Intro to Debris Operations
- IS-00700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- IS 00701_a NIMS MACS
- IS 00775 EOC Mgmt & Operations
- IS-00800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction